Monday, December 1, 2014

Driven

My studio is a mess. I finally got paint of the floor and wall. It felt like a Christening. I'm usually too fastidious for my own good. Finally, making a mess seems to have been liberating. I feel like I have been moody and unapproachable lately. I was good to see Master's comment on the blog about being ok with my focus.

Gifts;
I like the old Japanese tradition in giving and receiving gifts. It is considered bad manners to open a gift in the presents of the giver.

Christmas "gifting" is troublesome for me because of the sense of obligation. It always has been. My grandparents helped me with that my suggesting that I give something that I was given to someone who might be without.

I give when it is least expected and when I see something that I feel the receiver would really love or need. We no longer exchange gifts at Christmas. We give to toys for tots, Share our Strength and food pantries because I believe in it. It's a simple act of compassion that improves the life of others.

I urge you to find a cause and give something to it. It doesn't need to cost money. You can give time. You will receive so much of what is truly important in life, LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed, I do some voluntary work for an animal charity that looks after the pets old people can no longer cope with , or when they have to go into a hospital or home. It always feels that Christmas is when it's needed most. I have had some critisism for only supporting animal organisations but hey, someone has to.

    Interesting Japanese tradition and how very sensible.

    Good luck clearing up the studio - if you're anything like me you'll just have to do it sometime.

    ReplyDelete