Thursday, December 25, 2014

Helping Hand?

I bumped into a woman in town today after we finished playing Santa Claus. She was very depressed and crying. She wanted to see her nine year old son today and give him a Christmas gift but her uncle who cares for her son allowed only a 30 minute visit.

She is an addict. I convinced her to go to a treatment center for help. She wanted to put it off until Monday but I told her that putting it off would only increase the amount of time that she would live with her pain. I drove her to a treatment center and walked in with her. I told the admitting nurse that I would pay for whatever her insurance and government did not pay.

My heart is heavy as I wish her a lasting recovery.

I'm not into drugs and not much into alcohol but sometimes I think that it would be easy to do since it seems to be a predisposition in my family. I found Vodka and Cognac bottles stashed all over my grandfather's office and bedroom when I helped to clean out my grandparents home.

I am thankful to have found Ian and the family that shares the Ranch with me. I am thankful that I found my Great Uncle and that he left me his home and land. I am thankful that I found people that help me achieve my dreams. I am thankful that I have the privilege of getting up every morning to serve Master and then go out to the barn to care for my animal friends. I am thankful that I have found painting and the encouragement to continue in the face of my doubt about my talent. These are the things that keep me sane and warm and nourished. I am thankful.

I wish that everyone understood that Love is everything and that it starts within.

1 comment:

  1. I think that the realisation that love starts within us and can't just be "obtained" from others is the most important thing to know.
    You are tremendously lucky that you know this, I know many who have empty lives who ignore this fact which in turn leaves them more empty than ever.

    ReplyDelete