Thursday, May 28, 2015

Feeling the Same?

To answer your question. I know he feels the same. Bondage is so much a part of the boy's needs that he probably thinks about it a hundred times a day.

It is amusing to spy on the boy during his day. He and his friend are having a fantastic time together. They are animated and fooling around almost constantly. Sometimes it looks like they are bent over from belly laughter. Boy gets that way sometimes and when he does he sounds a little bit like a little kid. The sad thing is that he will suddenly stop and anxiously look around to see is someone will slap him or tell him to shut up. (His mother did  that to him).

He had a few intense nightmares concerning his family during the week before he left for Bhutan. I both dreams, he was responsible for cleaning up after his family and the mess they main. While sleep walking during his last dream he shouted "I"M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS MESS. I don't have to clean it up!" then he went back to bed and I crawled in beside him. While still sleeping he pulled my leg and arm over him and snuggled his face into my arm pit.

We talked about his dream the next morning.
"Ya know", he said. "I dream these family dreams and always feel guilt. Did I ever tell you that my aunt Marrian told me that it was my fault that my dad killed himself and my older brothers?". He had, I am tell him that he was not responsible and that his aunt was bitter with anger. "Ya know", he said. "Every time I think that I'm going to tell myself "I didn't make the mess and I'm not responsible for it". Somehow or another, he seemed lighter in those last few day before he left and from what I can see he is having a lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. That's really sad, how anyone can treat a kid like that is beyond me. But then the full circle has come round now and he's found a life and partner that completely reverses the life he had growing up. I know it doesn't "happen" just like that. Good doesn't naturally follow bad, as some have crap all through the time on this planet, but when it does it becomes a rare commodity that we have to cherish. You're both so fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony,
    Yes, I am very fortunate to have Trace in my life. My relationship with him helped me understand how to slow down, throw out the rubbish and focus on the things that really matter in life. I've also found a real teddy bear to keep me company as we live our lives together.

    ReplyDelete