Monday, November 17, 2014

Quick Answers to Comments

Rick and Tony,

Rick, I think you are correct. When I play with family, they have greater empathy and sense when a "scene" should end. We've developed an ability to read each other's body language and at times, thoughts. There is also a sense that the "caregivers" at the Chateau are almost robotic because the responsibility they have is to keep members coming back. I've developed a relationship with some of these guys but it doesn't change the "script".

Being tired is from fatigue and lack of desire to be in the situation that I was in. Daniel felt a little of that too. Nothing feels as good and energizing as being with people that you respect AND love. In a sense, being a slave can be like being a victim by choice. But in my case, it is a privilege with family and extended family. I think I relate more to using the term "object" because I relate to periods of extreme play differently depending on the mood that we set together.

1 comment:

  1. Of course you're right about the mood being set together. If the giver of the punishment doesn't feel the same way as the taker the mood's lost and the scene can become robotic, as you say. This is, after all, a life choice. Why choose it if it doesn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete