Thursday, July 10, 2014

High Kick to the Back of The Head

Master and Christopher were sparring up on the hill under the Oak trees today. I was hot to see the two nearly naked men go at each other. For big guys, Master is what you might call huge, they are swift and nimble. I watched them from a distance. I leaned against the fence with Alpaca nosing me for attention. I saw Christopher fly with a roundhouse movement and catch Master in the back of the head.

I'm sitting with Master trying to keep him awake in case he has a concussion. (Doctors orders) We watched a move about two guys in small town Texas trying to find love amidst their crumbling love lives. They hook up and the movie ends with the guys driving to work feeling good about their new loves. Strictly a vanilla feel good movie but we looked at each other at the very same time and told each other that we're lucky we don't have to deal with that anymore.

Butch and Dan are going to a rodeo someplace for the weekend. I'm going to be getting up before the sun and putting all the animals into shelter for the night. We have the four dogs who spend almost their entire lives outside but they're still puppies. We can depend on them to bark and threaten intruders but they are not mature enough to fight anything off. Anyway, I'll be outside being a rancher all weekend. I'm looking forward to it.

Master has time to play around the ranch more since we got home. He's not playing absentee CEO anymore since the sale of his family's business. His brother took on a leadership role but Master took the money and ran off to America. He's watching what the money watchers do on our estate so he keeps busy part of the time.

3 comments:

  1. I love the expression you used -"took the money and ran.....". I know if I was one of your money watchers I'd be careful not to run far from your Master tho :) Sounds like I might get a kick on the back of the head if he caught up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would know you are in trouble if you are at all perceptive. His eyes narrow, his lower lip protrudes and his chin moves forward while tensing muscles become visible. If he repeats something immediately after saying it the first time, it would be wise to try to figure out how to defend yourself or run fast enough so he can't catch you.

      Delete
  2. That's exactly what I thought.

    ReplyDelete