Friday, July 18, 2014

Just

It is a peaceful day on the hill. Everyone and everything is quiet.

We woke to a tangle in bed. I wore a t-shirt to bed to keep the tiny wounds and the linen clean. It felt like an encumbrance because of the friction against the linen. In case you care, our bedding is entirely linen. It's what I grew up with and it still feels the most comfortable. Our linen is grey and un-pressed,  not at all like the sheets that our housekeeper ironed everyday when I was a child.

I went out riding by myself this afternoon. My big black was nippy. He tried to get me several time. Each time that I scolded him, he seemed to be grinning. We got it all straightened out with a good face to face conversation. I think he was testy because I haven't been personally attending him enough.

The carrara got locked back in place this morning. I have to admit that it felt weird to be without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment