Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Studio Time

I am in my studio today as I was yesterday. I break for meals with the family and time with all the fur children.

I have a sick baby goat. He would fit inside one of my boots. His mother is too young to be a mother and doesn't know what to do with him. He's inside of my shirt keeping warm. I feed him Goats milk by dipping my pinky into it then letting him suck on that. He's normal except that he's tiny. I hope he lives.

I've done a drawing of him from a photo.

I have a friend with HIV+. He is ADD and suffers from depression. I'd go into a coma if I ate as much sugar as he does. He stays up late then can't get up in the morning to go to work. He is sometimes a dizzy queen who needs a swift kick in the ass. We're talking about taking him in to get him settled down.

Well, that's it for now. Sorry to be a bummer.

4 comments:

  1. Not a bummer, that's life.
    I hope the goat grows healthy, you know my feelings for animals. Try a plastic dropper (pipette). It'll feed off that to begin with then a babies bottle although I expect you've already thought of that.

    Your friend, he's lucky to have you as friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In recognition of your affinity for animals, I recommend the following reading list:
    Ralph Helfer; zamba [a lion], Modoc [an elephant]:Pepprrberg, the Alex studies [Gray Parrot]: Th Bonobo and the Atheist.Helfer owned a ranch and a variety of animals he 'affinity trained' as performers for Hollywood and TV. His animals were sought after because they knew their routines and were comfortable working with humans. Zamba was abandoned by his mother as a cub. He shared Helfer's bed and adventures. Modoc was a German circus elephant who bonded with boy born at the same time, separated by fate ad reunited at Helfer's ranch Both are true stories. Alex lied with Pepperberg and learned to use simple English in a meaningful way. the book about the Bonobos was written by a biologist who makes the case that morals and ethics are part of our primate heritage and not a 'gift from God'. All are available from Amazon.The Helfer books are very personal accounts of human/beast love and interaction. There is also "The horse Whisperer"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that morals are part of our genetic code so I agree with him. I do believe that everything that exists is "god" so in a sense, it is a gift. Some of us choose to ignore those morals and some simply have a recessing gene. Most of us land smack dab in the middle.

    ReplyDelete