Sunday, July 6, 2014

I Missed TOO Much!

I love travel. I've never been one to be a Home and Hearth kind of guy in the past but now that I've built a family of friends and animals, travel comes with conflicted feelings. Now I love being home. I love stepping in livestock shit and grooming the critters that make it.

The Alpacas and Llamas were all shorn in my absence. I missed learning about the process and being there to comfort them while it was happening. I also missed the birth of cria and foal

I missed the first new shoots on the newly planted vines and seeing my trees come into full foliage.

My dogs and geese made a gallant charge when we pulled into the yard. Sancho and Panza knocked me down and the rest of the dogs jealously pushed and tugged to get to me. My little yellow dog has learned to stand back from the fray and wait for his turn. He's been trampled by his bigger siblings enough to be wary of them. He knows he will get special hugs and kisses. All of the puppy's have grown wildly in my absence. They are going to be monstrously large dogs.

The southern slope outside the living room window is covered with orange flowers.

Yes! I am very happy to be home.

2 comments:

  1. Hey trace, I got home this morning -8th and just collected the dogs from their holiday home. I agree with all you've written above. It IS so very nice to come home.

    I took a trip to the States as well as up a couple of (smallish) mountains. There's an excellent Andrew Wyeth display at the NGA and a superb one of American artists at the Phillips - Dupont Circle. Some Augustus Tack, never seen his work before, with some of your favs too, Georgia OKeefe?

    Just caught up with your back pages. I have to say, you live the sort of life some of us only dream of. Your Master and you seem the prefect couple. I really hope the coming years are as good to you both as the ones you already have had together. Even the Chateaux didn't seem that bad this time :)

    ReplyDelete