Sunday, February 9, 2014

Cold Steel in a Cold Cell

Master is still at the office with his brother and staff. I bowed out on Friday and went back to the Clubhouse to hibernate. A lot of the guys were there so there was no peace to be had up in the living quarters so I went down to the calls in the dungeon and fell asleep on a plastic covered mattress that is laid on a cement "bed". The cell is in a cold corner of the hallway so I robbed a few of the other cells of the wool army blankets that are neatly folded on the bare mattresses

My head was throbbing from a migraine. The cold darkness was soothing. A good long sleep in absolute darkness usually helps me get rid of them. I don't take drugs for them.

I woke with a chain locked around my ankles. The cell door had been locked. I was stuck, a prisoner of my own design. Master came to release me this past evening. I slept so much over the past couple of days that I am unable to sleep tonight. That is why I am awake and writing this.

 

We're flying home on Wednesday on a chartered jet after taking a couple days to relax and take in a few galleries. I have not indulged in such luxury before but I am grateful to be able to afford it. You still have to go through customs but most of the security hassles that we deal with on commercial flights are circumvented.

As Martha Stewart used to say, "It's a good thing".


2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back, I had an idea that either a migraine or chains would have something to do with it, trust you to get both:)
    Do enjoy the galleries, and don't forget Greenwich if you get that far down the river.
    Private jet? Now that really would be a treat. Hope Ian's business was successful after all this travelling.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, Used to have a private pilot's licence and am still a bit of a plane freak so let me know the metal you use to fly back if you can, I'm still interested in anything with wings!

    ReplyDelete