Sunday, February 16, 2014

Quiet day around the ranch today.

Sex as usual. I love it when Master makes a noose of his belt to use as a rein while he fucks me.

Pete made individual German Pancakes topped with fresh Blueberries for breakfast. Master and I went out with the horses today. We led them all on a wild charge across the fields. Sancho and Panza led the horses and then tired out and brought up the rear.

We beat the rain so all we had to do was curry the horses and the dogs before going into the house to spend the afternoon in a newly decorated room. It was a room that sat empty, from the time that my great uncle lived in the house. I think he may still roam the property and I don't blame him. I hope that he approves of what we do with the house.

I saw a page in a Pottery Barn Catalogue that gave me the inspiration. I had the room painted gray. It's not an ordinary gray in that it seems to glow in dim light.  I put a square over dyed silk carpet in the middle of the floor and set a round glass topped steel table in the middle. I put a leather drunkards chair in each corner of the carpet and hung a huge aged mixed species antler light fixture in the middle of the room. I found the antlers piled in one of the outbuilding and took them to an artisan in town to build the fixture.  The room is unadorned except for a huge wood burning fire place, although I found a photograph on Tumblr that I'd like to reproduce in large painting to hang opposite of the fireplace.

 
Does anyone know who the artist is?
I'd like to contact him.
 
So now I've had my Martha Stewart moment...
 
 
Anyway, that room is where we spent our afternoon reading, talking and sipping red wine.
 
 


6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous way to spend a day, from the belt noose to the wine.
    Today I'm starting to lay a new walnut floor in my dining room, it's 2cms thick and as I have low ceilings to start with in this cottage I'll not have much stretching room. I like doing it myself, until it all goes wrong and I get someone in.

    I read your post about Jung, He really was ahead of his time in many ways, the idea of a personal unconscious in which we share aspects of expectation seems obvious when you say it but tremendous thought to get to that point in the first place. I often wonder how much choice we actually have and how much we are hard wired in certain ways that makes us feel we have choice when all we are doing is following a path preordained by our unconscious.

    It's easier to sit back and drink red wine is it not? Time I had some I think.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a red wine from the valley near by called Bontera. It's an organic winery with a restaurant that I rate among my favorite. One of the perks of living here is that we're a stones throw from many vineyards and wineries. We get to ask the owners what's best at any given moment.

    Have you read anything by Joseph Campbell. He, besides taking eastern religion courses changed my entire view of god and religion. I'd suggest that you start with "Hero with a Thousand Faces" or The Power of Myth.

    I think we have traits that make give us choices that we choose from. The rest of what we do is a series of choices that we make during our lives. It's easy to understand Buddhism and the progression toward enlightenment.

    I read o piece of fiction called The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield that took place in South America. In the end of the protagonists search he found enlightened people turning into pure energy, no longer needing a physical form.

    In spite of the fact that I am kinky and constantly seeking physical stimulation, I do believe that we constantly seeking enlightenment. Sometimes we get lost in being human along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I haven't read J Cambell. I studied James Joyce and I know he mentions Cambell in some of his work, as well as Thomas Mann who I've read some of, mainly because of WH Auden who was gay but married Erica Mann - T's daughter at one point. The Power of Myth looks interesting.

    I will confess I don't bother with much religion, either that of my upbringing or others that I've subsequently found out about. I "joined" (not my choice) a Cathedral choir at 8 and drifted through Christianity in my formative years without much conviction. These days I have far more patience with religion as a whole although those who believe the strongest cause more pain in the world than anyone else as far as I can see. I shall try "The Power of Myth" and let you know what I think.

    I do quietly believe in ghosts, or spirits although obviously not the Casper type. You mentioned above about your Great Uncle, I think that's the sort of spirit I'm talking about, a quiet, almost viable memory that exists without any sort of manifestation but leaves a trace of energy - enough to make us fleetingly think of that person given the right atmosphere. Maybe I talking rubbish here but it's what I feel. You must excuse me, I have to go out but would enjoy continuing the conversation later.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever tried to lay a solid wood floor? May I suggest you don't. The carpenter arrived this afternoon! I know that's about as erotic as a garden rake to write here, sorry, I wanted to get back to you earlier but things went wrong.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I have never done much of the labor part of home improvement. In fact, the ranch is the first home that I didn't turn over entirely to a decorator. I still have rooms that are bare because I want each one to be my inspiration. All of the floors inside and outside are Mexican Tile.

    Sorry to hear about your floor trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. I've given the task to the professional now. I know I should have done that in the first place as I don't do enough of this sort of thing to warrant getting all the right tools but I do enjoy the creative bit, trying to get my inspiration into reality. Now onto a gin and tonic. Feeling loads better.

    ReplyDelete