Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Answers to Comments

The chains at The Chateau are a piece of cake compared to those that our friend Ray made for "Object" experience. Ray's weigh in at over a hundred pounds. They look exciting and they are but even the most willing slave is crushed under the constant weight. The chains at The Chateau weigh (maybe) 20 pounds. I think the worst thing the Chateau has to offer is isolation if that happens to be on your menu. Being in a corridor is fun because of the camaraderie. We're not supposed to laugh and joke around but that's what happened this visit. It was like being brothers who are supposed to be sleeping but read under the blankets with a flashlight. You try to outsmart the guards then fall silent the second you hear the keys in the door. Sometimes someone giggles and we all catch hell.

Face it!  If you're not having fun, Something is wrong!

And yes, we share an incredible relationship.

The Carrara is uncomfortable but Christian has opened the belt so that he could check for problems. The piercing is clean but a little pink. No other problems. You're Slave, it's a matter of getting accustomed to the change and waiting for the tissue to firm up. And to be truthful, I was pissy because Master and I have been apart too much lately. Feeling this, I am postponing my trip to Bhutan to late September, the second best season for photography. I hope I can get Master to take the trip with me.

Still, not much is happening except the daily routine of caring for my flocks. The guys did a great job sheering the Alpaca and Lama. It helped that I was there to calm them. I would have gone crazy if they slipped and cut one of my babies and they knew it. I pay extra so they don't hurry the job.

I've been working with Gouache on white paper in the studio. 22" by 30" 600 pound water color paper from Italy. It costs more that canvas but it is so crisp and absorbent that just handling it excites me. I am afraid to make a mistake because the paper itself is a piece of art.

 
Waiting for Master

2 comments:

  1. OK then. If all is well there's no problem. I'm sure the tissue will firm up when Ian arrives back.

    600lb paper, that's some weight. I expect the surface is wonderful at accepting the brush. I think I'd be nervous about making a mistake and just framing it blank. Not quite what it's there for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paper can be covered with Gesso if I don't like what I painted.

    ReplyDelete