Friday, October 11, 2013

Home

One stop in New York and we're home, finally!
The dogs rushed us as we drove up to the house and Butch and Steve came out of the cottage to greet us. We joined them for dinner and the latest news about the ranch. Steve accompanied Master, Christian, and Butch to the deck for a cigar and the view of the valley under the half moon. I went out to let the animals know that I am home to take care of them. Boris gave me a big sloppy cow kiss on the face and wanted me to hug his huge head.

I'll be up with the sun shoveling Alpaca shit from the barn floors and currying my horses and cows.  The dog surrounded me in a great white cloud into the house where they all a giant chewy bone to carry as they followed me through the house to the bathroom where I stood under a warm waterfall shower until my skin felt wrinkled and squeaky clean.

Tired but daring not to climb in bed before Master, I laid on the floor surrounded by dogs and promptly fell asleep.  Life will be back to normal, until the next trip.

 
Sancho, the oldest of eight fluffy monsters stands as tall as my shoulders.
He's not a full adult yet. He's mostly a house dog who follows me everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment