Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Falling out of bed

I had a nightmare filled night last night. I actually fell out of bed and hit my head on the night stand.
It woke Master and he got out of bed to take care of me. He got me a cold bottle of water from the breakfast bar and sat next to me on the floor while I sipped it.

We went back to bed. Master fell asleep while I lay watching the clock until I finally drifted off to sleep. I dreamed again. It was my great uncle who left this property to me standing at the foot of the bed. I still question whether it was his ghost or a dream. He talked to me and told me he liked everything that I was doing to his house but said that I was missing something that is buried under the ground where we build the deck. He wanted me to get up so he could show me where it is hidden.

I woke, I think. Master was sleeping on his stomach. I lifted his arm and hid my head under his arm pit. He tightened his arm around me.

Master woke me after searching the house for me. The sun was peaking through the cloud in the east. I was in a seated in a fetal position with my arms wrapped around my knees. I was shivering from the cold.

You're sleep walking again.
I'm going find away to keep you in bed at night.

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I also question the existence of ghosts or simply imagination. I'm not entirely convinced either way but I tend more towards ghosts than not. It's just something we can't prove either way. It would be interesting to know if the idea of something beneath the patio could be proven though.

    Sounds like Ian will have some interesting plans looking at what you wrote at the end there. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghosts are anecdotal at best but I have had two near death experience. In one of the events I separated from my body, feeling quite joyous and giddy. Doctors were working to revive me. They were anxious and stressed. I was watching from above the fray wondering why they were so upset.

    Because of that experience, I think ghosts happen when the consciousness separate from the body at death and then get caught instead of moving on into another form. (remember that I think along the lines of Buddhists)

    I've always had a sense that my Great Uncle didn't want to leave his beloved house but I've never seen his ghost before so I don't know what was really going on in my head.

    ReplyDelete