Friday, December 13, 2013

Musing

I was sleepwalking down the hall toward the elevator. I stepped into foyer when Master caught me.  I have wondered outside while sleeping, especially when I was in grade school and in college.  That's one of the reasons my grandparents hired Max to watch over me.

Master is back in bed while I remain too awake to sleep.

Before I me Master, I bought a set of irons for myself. The whole set. collar to a long chain, cuff and leg irons and a belt that are all locked with a screw type lock. The irons fit snugly so there is no movement or rotation. They are snug but not tight. The belt is always a gauge that keeps me from gaining girth. I often wear these when I am sleeping to keep me in bed.  Yeah, I need some psycho therapy, I agree.

We toured the Louvre for the entire day. I am surprised that Master was as interested as I was. We had lunch in the Museum and took several breaks. I was worried that the tour might be excessive. I feel that it is important for artist and everyone to try to understand the visuals arts in a world where movies and television are the easiest arts to take advantage of. (Or go intellectually numb) to. It was night when we walked Place de Vendome toward the hotel. Surrounding the square are homes and apartments that have housed famous people throughout history.

We showered and rolled in bed before getting dressed for dinner. YES! we actually dressed in something other that jeans or leather.

We dined at Atelier Maitre Albert. We had scallops in a beet foam followed by spit roasted beef with béarnaise and finished with a green apple with Comte' for dessert. I loved everything.  I'm glad that I don't live in Paris. I'd turn into gigundo man, especially when I find a bakery with Macaroons. I'm keeping a blind eye so I don't have to hear Master deny me when I start drooling on bakery shop windows.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds as if you had a really great day, I have not spent a day in the Louvre for several years as I find Paris just too full of people these days but the patisseries? I can't walk past a window that has those small custard filled pastries with a glazed top. There's a wonderful one to gaze at in a side street in Antibes, until I get pulled past it of course.
    That metal belt on the set of irons is the diet I need too.

    ReplyDelete